Benjamin Wey’s 10 Tips For Entrepreneurs
by Benjamin Wey, New York Global Group
When I came to the United States from China over 20 years ago, I was determined to live the American Dream. This drove me through the ups-and-downs that life as an entrepreneur brought me. While there is no guidebook to guarantee success as an entrepreneur, I hope these tips below can help you along the way:
- Focus on something you know about and is important to you. You cannot do something unless you believe in it.
- If you love what you do, you’ll be successful.
- Speak up! Ask for advice, network, and look for someone who you respect that can act as a mentor.
- Have a vision and a clear blueprint of how you are going to achieve what you sent out to accomplish.
- Remember, you represent your product. You have to feel like you represent it from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep. Be synonymous with your brand.
- Reinvent yourself, but don’t try to reinvent the wheel.
- Don’t let the lack of knowledge or experience stop you. Build a strong team around you to do what you can’t.
- Simplicity- Focus on one thing to be excellent at. Build on your experience rather than jumping ship.
- Just Do It! Don’t overanalyze, things will happen as you go along.
- Always educate yourself. You are never done learning. Take a course like FastTrac NewVenture to boost your confidence. It’s offered by Bloomberg for entrepreneurs starting a business.
Benjamin Wey is the President of New York Global Group, a private equity investment firm specialized in China related transactions. For more information visit his firm’s website at www.nyggroup.com.
This is an article contributed to Young Upstarts and published or republished here with permission. All rights of this work belong to the authors named in the article above.