May 5 will see six startups launched at Launch Pad Ignition in Louisiana’s New Orleans Museum of Art, as part of two-day startup conference Launch Fest. These six startups will pitch their companies publicly for the first time to venture capitalists and angel investors from all over the country.
The six companies are:
- Dydra – cloud-based database as a service
- Gamebuilder Studio – cross platform game creation tools
- Badger – social picture sharing around interests
- Rayku – peer-to-peer micro-tutoring network
- Kinio – sell films online
- Liveset – HD streaming platform for live concerts (we previously featured them here)
Launch Pad Ignition is a startup accelerator that provides seed funding and mentorship to startups. Made possible through the support of Microsoft BizSpark, UEP Kauffman and Downtown Development District, it is part of the TechStars Network and is a program of Launch Pad, a co-working space in downtown New Orleans. With 12,000 sq ft of shared workspace and 68 companies, Launch Pad is at the heart of the entrepreneurial renaissance in New Orleans and one of the most successful co-working spaces in the country.