Online advertising is going to take a new twist.
New Silicon Valley startup and advertising platform isocket announces the closing of a US$2 million early stage funding round from a group of investors led by Tim Draper at Draper Fisher Jurvetson. Built by a team of experienced advertising entrepreneurs led by CEO and founder John Ramey, isocket is the first commission-free, open platform for multiple forms of advertising.
Also joining the round was:
- David Blumberg of Blumberg Capital,
- Jeff Clavier of SoftTech VC,
- Dave McClure of Founders Fund Angel,
- David Hirsch from NYC based Metamorphic Ventures,
- Steve Gurasich, the Co-Founder and CEO of Austin based ad agency GSD&M Idea City,
- David Cohen of TechStars in Colorado,
- Accelerator Ventures,
- Quest Venture Partners, and
- Plug & Play Ventures.
isocket recently went live in May this year via the launch of an invitation-only beta testing with leading technology blog TechCrunch, their first customer. TechCrunch announced their intention to depart from existing ad networks in favor of using isocket to power their in-house advertising direct sales.