[Infographic] [U.S.] Small Business Owners And Attitudes Towards The Economy
The economy is the pits, and small business owners are feeling the strain. But how bad is it, really? A recent survey by web design and hosting provider Webs of 1,710 U.S.-based small business owners reveals that small businesses have been taking the downturn a lot harder than most.
Amongst some of the findings:
– 38-percent of small business owners started their businesses because they were laid-off or unable to find full-time employment,
– One out of two small business owners have to supplement their income through part-time or full-time employment elsewhere, in addition to their own business,
– Almost 40% of them have delayed further investment in their business due to the uncertain economic outlook.
But the good news:
– 67-percent think they will due better next year than this year,
– Only 20-percent had to lay off workers so far.
Here’s the full infographic of the findings, as designed by Column Five Media:
Daniel Goh is the founder and chief editor of Young | Upstarts, as well as an F&B entrepreneur. Daniel has a background in public relations, and is interested in issues in entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, public relations and the online space. He can be reached at daniel [at] youngupstarts [dot] com.