In an increasingly connected world, it has become increasingly easier to ensure that all healthcare organizations are following proper clinical guidelines and best practice procedures. Regulatory bodies want to ensure that staff are up to date on all mandatory trainings and certifications, and what better way to meet their needs than to utilize a healthcare learning management system vendor?
With a healthcare learning management system vendor, you can create dynamic certification trainings online for internal use within your healthcare organization, and for external use to sell to other healthcare professionals looking to earn continuing medical education credits online that go toward license renewals. Delivering mandatory certifications online allows training administrators to track healthcare professionals’ certificates in one centralized location for easy access by regulatory bodies.
There are thousands of healthcare LMSs to choose from, and choosing the best healthcare learning management system vendor for your training needs can be an overwhelming process. Thankfully, there are many online tools at your disposal to make this process a lot simpler.
One effective way to choose the best healthcare LMS for your organization’s needs is to read articles comparing prominent learning management system vendors in the healthcare space, advises healthcare IT company True North ITG. Below, you will find a comparison of healthcare LMS vendors – which hopefully helps you decide the proper healthcare LMS for you and your organization.
CertCentral’s healthcare LMS is optimal for creating scalable continuing education and certificate training programs. Specifically designed for continuing education, CertCentral.com is the most intuitive CE interface of all the healthcare learning management system vendors on this list.
Pros of CertCentral:
- CertCentral offers necessary features to streamline healthcare industry continuing education such as top-notch security for your data, built-in reports, automated certificate generation and storage, easy tracking of training completion, and so much more.
- CertCentral is a cloud-based LMS that is highly affordable, plans start as low as $29 per month. Additionally, it is seamless to upgrade plans as your training needs grow.
- CertCentral’s tech staff is highly responsive, offering phone and email support to training administrators and students.
- CertCentral integrates with Stripe, allowing you the option to sell your CME training courses seamlessly if you so choose.
Cons of CertCentral:
- CertCentral does not support gamification features.
- Whitelabeling is only available in Enterprise Plans.
As a healthcare LMS vendor, CertCentral’s vast features combined with its affordability make it a quality choice for healthcare providers. This is a great software to investigate allowing you to offer online certification courses and continuing education credits online.
Relias is a healthcare LMS vendor specializing in performance management solutions. Relias combines analytics, assessments, and learning tools to help your organization better conduct trainings and training needs analyses. Some organizations that relias supports include, but are not limited to, hospitals and health systems payers, hospice and palliative care practices, and practices focusing on mental health, addiction, and substance abuse.
Pros of Relias:
- Relias is a healthcare lms vendor that supports webinar features for online CE training sessions.
- The course library allows training administrators to choose from a wide variety of training courses to deliver to staff. This software even offers interactive videos on topics such as safety and ethics, among others.
- This healthcare lms vendor also provides alerts for a several human resources activities.
Cons of Relias:
- Customer support is fairly lacking.
- Courses in their course library are still using flash content–which is unfortunately disabled in most browsers.
Relias’s course library and webinar features reduce the time it takes to set up intensive online-programs, however the lack of customer support raises concerns about encountering bugs that might hinder overall online training efficiency.
3. Medical Lab LMS.
Medical Lab LMS by MediaLab serves a different purpose than the prior mentioned softwares in this healthcare learning management systems comparison. This LMS is aimed at providing safety training and P.A.C.E.-approved continuing education, and custom courses specifically for laboratory settings. These laboratories include, but are not limited to, genetics laboratories, reference laboratories, and physician’s office laboratories.
Pros of Medical Lab LMS:
- Powerful document features allow for full document control for all of your lab’s procedure manuals, and eliminates the need for cumbersome writing and filling out forms in-person.
- New CE courses are added annually, about 12 hours worth of online credits per year in fact! These are enough credit hours for medical laboratory professionals to meet recurring ASCP and AMT certification requirements.
- Simulation features are supported to enhance laboratory skills with critical machinery.
Cons of Medical Lab LMS:
- The time it took to upload organizational standard operational procedures was seen as too large of an initial time investment for customers.
- Required courses purchased in the CE package can be updated by Medical Lab LMS and change without subscriber permission.
- The vast amount of features can be overwhelming and not directly necessary for continuing education purposes. This bloated interface can make the software difficult to use for administrators.
Medical Lab LMS wonderfully saves time and resources regarding documentation management and CE credit delivery within lab settings. Despite some customer dissatisfaction with the built-in authoring tools, this appears to be a relatively efficient solution specifically for laboratory settings.