JFDI.Asia Announces 2013 Startup Lineup
Singapore-based technology startup incubator Joyful Frog Digital Incubator – better known locally as JFDI.Asia – today unveiled a lineup of eight technology startups set to participate in its 100-day accelerator program this year.
This is the second time the initiative is being run – last year, JFDI.Asia‘s JFDI-Innov8 Bootcamp saw some 11 local and regional technology startups undergo a similar program that saw them attempt to turn a prospective idea into a potentially sustainable digital business, and held a Demo Day to pitch regional and international investors.
According to Hugh Mason, co-founder and CEO at JFDI.Asia, around the world accelerator programs like theirs are evolving as a consistent way to direct innovation, teach entrepreneurship and manage the risks involved. “Early-stage business is becoming less of an art and more of a science,” he adds.
The teams currently have temporary names, as their businesses are very likely to evolve over the course of the program as mentors help guide their thinking. The eight startups – covering the gamut of B2B, C2C, B2C and even B2B2C – are:
- AskAbt, from India, have a platform to manage real-time crowdsourced queries
- Collabspot, from France and Philippines, have a novel approach to Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- DayTripR, from Singapore and New Zealand, have an online data collection utility
- DocTree, from Singapore and India, have software for medical practice management
- Duable Chinese (讀able), from the USA, make Chinese language learning fun and effective
- Fashfix, from Singapore and Malaysia, helps fashionistas turn their wardrobes into blog shops
- My Fitness Wallet, from Singapore, are working on health and wellness
- Referoll, from Singapore and Vietnam, have a business that recruits participants for research studies
Daniel Goh is the founder and chief editor of Young | Upstarts, as well as an F&B entrepreneur. Daniel has a background in public relations, and is interested in issues in entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, public relations and the online space. He can be reached at daniel [at] youngupstarts [dot] com.