[Asia][Event] BlackBerry® JamHack To Hit Asia Pacific In November
Hackathons – coding marathons, for the uninitiated – are increasingly getting popular across Asia, but here’s an upcoming one whose scale may boggle the mind. Blackberry maker Research in Motion (RIM) is planning a simultaneous Asia Pacific (APAC)-wide hackathon called BlackBerry® JamHack.
BlackBerry JamHack is scheduled to take place in ten different cities across APAC over two consecutive weekends. The 40-hour event will provide an opportunity for four-member teams of developers, UI designers, and/or marketers to work on apps for BlackBerry® 10. Throughout the event, RIM will be sharing market insights tailored to the respective cities so developers can develop market-relevant as well as globally attractive apps.
BlackBerry JamHack 2012 happens in ten major Asia Pacific cities, as follows:
- Jammin¹ on Oct 12-14, 2012: Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Manila (GMT+5.5 to +8)
- Jammin¹ on Oct 19-21, 2012: Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Melbourne, Shanghai, Jakarta (GMT+7 to GMT+10)
Ten winning teams selected from each city will then have the opportunity to represent their country at the JamHack finals – all expenses paid – that will take place at BlackBerry Jam Asia – to be held in Bangkok – on 29th-30th November 2012.
The winning team identified at BlackBerry Jam Asia in Bangkok on 29th-30th November will win the grand prize of:
- US$10,000 in cash
- All-expense paid trip to BlackBerry 10 global launch
- BlackBerry App World marketing for 2 months following the BlackBerry 10 launch in Asia, Middle East and Africa (where applicable) plus 1 week marketing in North America, Latin America and Europe (where applicable)
- Dedicated technical & business consultancy for up to three months after the launch of BlackBerry 10 in the team’s market
Daniel Goh is the founder and chief editor of Young | Upstarts, as well as an F&B entrepreneur. Daniel has a background in public relations, and is interested in issues in entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, public relations and the online space. He can be reached at daniel [at] youngupstarts [dot] com.