[Video] TED Talk: Startups Aren’t Just For California
Elizabeth Edwards, author of “Startup: The Complete Handbook for Launching a Company for Less” (our review of the book here), recently presented a talk at TEDxXavierUniversity about startups and venture funding.
Without going too much into details of the talk – you should really just watch the video for yourself – Edwards share on the following:
1. The inspiration of necessity: only 1% of the world is educated past high school.
2. Where is all the venture capital?
3. How do prize competitions drive innovation?
4. What scares us about entrepreneurship?
5. Does entrepreneurship pay off?
You can find the video embedded below:
Daniel Goh is the founder and chief editor of Young | Upstarts, as well as an F&B entrepreneur. Daniel has a background in public relations, and is interested in issues in entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, public relations and the online space. He can be reached at daniel [at] youngupstarts [dot] com.