Ten Reasons Why Entrepreneurship Is Like Marriage
1. Finding the right partner, with the same ideals and vision, is critical. Otherwise it can be disastrous.
2. You have to register with the government.
3. The government encourages it. Sometimes with grants too!
4. Your time is no longer your own. In fact, almost nothing is.
5. It sucks up all your money. And energy.
6. The risks are great, but the rewards are out of this world.
7. Failure is expensive. And not to mention painful.
8. If it works beyond 3 years, everybody wants to know how you did it.
9. If things go well, you can even have subsidiaries!
10. The subsidiaries demand as much time and money, if not more, than the holding company.
Daniel Goh is the founder and chief editor of Young | Upstarts, as well as an F&B entrepreneur. Daniel has a background in public relations, and is interested in issues in entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, public relations and the online space. He can be reached at daniel [at] youngupstarts [dot] com.