[Event] World Tech Jam
Technology is an amazing thing, especially when it’s used in a social, collaborative nature for the betterment of our global society. And that’s what World Tech Jam aims to do – to bring together thousands of online contributors to collaborate and share their ideas, passion and insights for the creation of a “Global Digital Agenda”.
Held as part of The World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2012 in Montréal from June 5-7, this large-scale digital brainstorm looks to solicit ideas and input from IT users and stakeholders for these five areas:
- Collaborative Healthcare
- Closing the Global Skills Gap
- Smart Cities and Transportation
- Energy, the Environment and Sustainability
- Media, Arts and Culture in the Digital Age
The results of the Jam will be used to:
- create the Global Digital Society Action Plan: a digital agenda that will help to maximize the many benefits that digital technologies can unlock across diverse sectors and institutions;
- influence the Program for the WCIT 2012 Congress in October.
If you feel you can play a part, sign up and join the conversation here.
Daniel Goh is the founder and chief editor of Young | Upstarts, as well as an F&B entrepreneur. Daniel has a background in public relations, and is interested in issues in entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, public relations and the online space. He can be reached at daniel [at] youngupstarts [dot] com.