[U.S] [Contest] Tell Your (Video) Story With My Business Story
Google and American Express OPEN is participating in Small Business Saturday on November 26 – held on the first Saturday after Thanksgiving to promote small local businesses – with My Business Story, a national contest that challenges small businesses to use a free toolkit to produce online videos about their companies and tell their entrepreneurial stories.
A total of thirty-six entries will then be selected and featured on YouTube‘s homepage on Small Business Saturday, which sees some 20 million daily visitors and hopefully driving traffic to those businesses. Each of them will also receive US$5,000 worth of digital marketing support.
· Address the role the business plays in supporting the local community (e.g., giving back time such as coaching little league, donating resources such as supplies to local schools or hiring employees from within your immediate neighborhood)
· Illustrate how the business continually demonstrates a “Customer First” mentality (e.g., recognizing that connections and relationships are important and taking pride in servicing community of customers)
· Show how the business has devised a model and practices that model in demonstrating a new way of working that could be shared with other small business owners, inspire others and energize the economy
Small business owners should also include:
· Their personal story about the business
· What makes them excited about the potential for their business
· Personal details as to why their story is unique to their business
Check out My Business Story for more information.
Daniel Goh is the founder and chief editor of Young | Upstarts, as well as an F&B entrepreneur. Daniel has a background in public relations, and is interested in issues in entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, public relations and the online space. He can be reached at daniel [at] youngupstarts [dot] com.