YourBuzz Helps Small Businesses Manage Online Buzz
We all know how important it is for businesses to track social conversations online; recently, we’ve seen a flood of web monitoring tools just for this purpose. And here’s yet another: American Express OPEN launches YourBuzz, a free tool to help small businesses manage their online presence.
Powered by Clickable, an award-winning developer of online advertising solutions, YourBuzz aggregates conversations across highly influential review sites such as Yelp and CitySearch, and social networks such as Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter, so businesses can learn about what is being said about them and their competitors, and build customer relationships online.
Here are some of the things users can do with YourBuzz:
Manage Online Presence
- View existing business listings
- Claim and edit business listings
- Create new business listings
Learn What Customers Saying
- See how you stack up against your competition
- View an aggregation of customer reviews and online mentions
- Respond, re-tweet, take actions or create a new conversation on major social sites
- Get recommendations on different actions to take
Manage Online Connections
- Import customer profiles and contact information to segment direct marketing efforts
- Highlight influencers in your Social Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Market to these contacts directly based on available public information
“With more consumers moving online to research products and make purchases, business owners are increasingly tapping digital marketing to reach them,” says Jay Lee, vice president of Business Apps, American Express OPEN. “Coupling YourBuzz with other marketing efforts – such as paid search and display advertising – will enable small businesses to create an effective digital marketing strategy to manage their brand and grow revenue.”
The good news? The product is available for all small business owners and not limited to American Express Cardmembers.
Daniel Goh is the founder and chief editor of Young | Upstarts, as well as an F&B entrepreneur. Daniel has a background in public relations, and is interested in issues in entrepreneurship, small business, marketing, public relations and the online space. He can be reached at daniel [at] youngupstarts [dot] com.